#SLOWLIFE: TRAVELLING GASTRONOMY WITH FINEST FOOD SINGAPORE
The Finest event of 2016 is here. This year, FairPrice Finest goes beyond their ingredients to help you rekindle your fondest travelling memory. At this year’s Finest Festival, they celebrate the wonders of travelling and gastronomy.
Share your favourite overseas food memory with us, and you may be among the select few dining at Capella to savour a meal by MasterChef Season 1 Winner, Chef Woo Wai Leong. More details on the contest here (http://www.fairprice.com.sg/wps/portal/fp/finest).
Embark on an appetizing exploration of the senses with this recipe from #TheCatKitchen, inspired by my recent trip to Japan!
This recipe's ingredients were selected at Finest Food SG
- Peru White Asparagus
- Organic Lotus Root
- Organic Pea Sprouts
- Bonito Flakes
- Organic Silken tofu
- 2 wholemeal pita breads
- 2 stalks white asparagus, shaved thinly
- 1 cup Lotus root, sliced thinly and halved
- 1/2 cup pea sprouts
- 1 cup bonito flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 195°C. Mix sesame oil and a pinch of salt into mashed silken tofu. Spread tofu cream on pita bread. Cover tofu cream with white asparagus.
- Bake lotus root in the oven at 195°C for 8 minutes
- Layer baked lotus root onto white asparagus and tofu cream and bake for another 10 minutes
- Remove from oven, top with pea sprouts and bonito flakes and serve!
Find more travel-inspired recipes at the Finest website.