#SLOWFOOD - VEGAN CACAO AND ALMOND BUTTER TART I NO BAKE
Just one of those fuss-free #vegan recipes when you have a serious chocolate craving. Making a non-dairy tart that tastes good is tough, but how about one without dairy and sans the oven? The trick really is to find substitutes that are of the same texture or made to be like the same form. Thus, I replaced butter with an almond nut butter and introduced honey and coconut oil as the texture that gives the melt in your mouth was you bite into a chocolate tart. You can use any plant-based butters, make sure it is legit. By legit, I meant to read the label and ensure it contains nothing else except nuts and minimal sea salt.
By freezing the base, you give it a crunchy texture. I also found out that when you mix cacao powder with coconut oil at room temperature, chill it afterwards, you get a vegan chocolate ganache!
Besides the ease of this recipe, it is definitely a child-friendly one. Treat your kids to a healthier snack and they will be thankful to you for a lifetime.
VEGAN CACAO AND ALMOND BUTTER TART I NO BAKE
200g organic oats
40g coconut oil, melted
30g almond butter
30g raw honey
150g almond butter
135g coconut oil
100g raw cacao powder
75g almond butter
60g raw honey
60g coconut sugar
- First make the top layer by simply popping all the ingredients in a medium pan and melting together over a low heat.
Make sure it doesn’t burn and it’ll turn into a glossy, gorgeous mixture. Set aside to cool.
- For the base, blend the oats in a food processor. Then add in all the other ingredients and blend.
- Press the mixture into a 12" x 8" rectangular tart pan or 10" round tart pan
- Next, spread the almond butter over the top and leave it in the freezer for 30 minutes or until harden.
- Lastly, pour the cacao mixture over the top and spread it out evenly.
Garnish with silvered almonds or any dried fruits and nuts you fancy!
- Store in the freezer for 2-3 hours and it will be ready to serve!